Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Training, Tactics & Dicipline

As Irish team leader I took my job reaaaaaaly seriously (as if you hadn't guessed already!) After deploying Manfred's sneaky tactic of flying really badly in the first task (and then blowing away the field in the second) I prepared Team Langer to storm the leader board by covering all the bases. First to go was Shaun's excessive hair do - with that shaved off, he didn't need to use a helmet as his bullet head would be much more streamlined than some poxy carbon-fibre lid.


I then decided to put him through Marine boot-camp... "This is my base bar... there are many like it but this one is mine. My base bar is nothing without me and I am nothing without my base bar... etc." and duely wrapped him and his base bar up in cling-film until he got the message!


To top everything off, I started feeding both Shaun and Geoff a high-fibre, ultra light diet of expanded polystyrene beads in their breakfast museli to make them lighter than air and help keep them up for longer. Ok, so that idea was only partially successful... but at least their turds were staying on top!

Turd in bowl: Third in goal would have been a nicer result!

I guess next year we'll just have to concentrate on flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment