Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Retrospective

When I first started writing the Langer Report I had no idea it would turn out to be quite so popular - It was really just a piss-take on Ireland's doomed efforts in the Worlds and an excuse to have a little fun at everyone else's expense! But strange things have happened... if Manfred can be knocked off his perch then perhaps an Irish world champion isn't quite as mad as it sounds! Anyway, somehow news of the blog leaked out and The Langer Report exploded onto the world stage like a teenager on his first date, and all of a sudden I had created a monster! Stories and photos started coming in thick and fast, and I barely had time each day to dream up enough scurrilous material to go with them all! I could not have written the Langer Report without the help of my tireless newshounds (especially Shaun and Swiss Nic!) or without the good humour of all the pilots and team leaders I sent up (I'll get Kornelia's G-string yet!)

I hope I managed to offend just about everyone, and I equally hope that I didn't hurt anyone by going too far - that wasn't the plan! I was most pleased to receive an informal warning from the FAI that I was cutting a little too close to the bone with one particular story (those in the know, know... those who aren't, don't need to!!)

Anyway, that's it for now... who knows where or when the Langer Report will rear its ugly head again! I'll be back in Laragne for the last week in August and the first week in September for a little personal flying, and hopefully, if we can get a team together, I'll see you all in Monte Cucco in Italy for the next Pre-Worlds and Worlds!


3 comments:

  1. Brilliant stuff Phil, I look forward to your sendup of the Pre-Worlds next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feckin brilliant,never mind next year are you off to Australia for the comps?Is team Bog Trotter going?That Low life hack Davis goes every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunno about Team Bogman, but my dream is to head Down Under for the Aussie flying season for some serious flying - the last three years have been super-crap here in Ireland. A few minor technical problems are trying to get in the way however... 1) I need to learn to tow-launch... and 2) I'm broke! Haven't a bean in my wallet at the mo. I'm hatching plans, though, so you never know... and perhaps I'll win the lottery of find someone dumb enough to sponsor me!!

    ReplyDelete